Can my brother sponsor me if he is holding Australian PR

Yes, your brother can sponsor you if he has Australian PR. Australian Immigration model allows a person living in Australia as a Permanent Resident or Citizen, to sponsor his/her relative. Skilled Regional (Provisional) visa 489 is a four-year temporary/ provisional visa.

To be eligible for this visa, a person must get a sponsorship either from a state/ territory or any relative residing in Australia on a status of Permanent Resident or Citizen.

This visa has been introduced by the government with an intent to increase the population of subdued areas of Australia. On this visa, you can temporarily immigrate to Australia and enjoys the rights of a resident in the area, i.e., study, live, work, etc.

Read more- Key Checklist for Migrating to Australia 

After spending 4 years on this provisional visa, the candidate can apply for Permanent Resident Visa of Australia.

Following are the eligibility requirements as laid down by the Australian government under 489 visa:

1) The applicant must not be older than 45 years of age

2) The applicant must be having at least a bachelors’ degree as his/her educational qualification

3) The applicant must be having at least 3 years of work experience in a Job profile mentioned in either of the short term or long term occupation list of Australia

4) The applicant must also be proficient in English language with at least 7 bands in each module

5) The applicant must have a minimum score of 60 points out of 100 on Australia’s point assessment grid

What is my Australian Immigration Score?

If you are having these eligibility met, you can ask your brother to sponsor you under 489 sub-class of Australian immigration.

To get a detailed view in this regard, contact our team of experts. Call at 7503832132 today.

You can also fill in our FREE Assessment Form to evaluate your chances for Australia PR visa. 

Leave A Reply

More Resources